Charlotte Lit’s Community Space: Studio Two
Studio Two is Charlotte Lit’s primary writing, learning, and community space, located in room 208 of the Midwood International and Cultural Center. Here’s what you need to know to use it.
Daily: Open Studio for Members in Studio Two
About Open Studio. Studio Two is available to Charlotte Lit members as “Open Studio” when not in use for other Charlotte Lit or community events (please refer to our events calendar), during Midwood International & Cultural Center building hours, 7 am – 10 pm daily. The room is accessed by a passcode. (Members: you can obtain the current code by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a text with your name to 336-926-8833.)
Open Studio & Covid. Beginning June 1, 2021, these rules will be in place:
• Hours. The studio will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily, when not in use for other Charlotte Lit events.
• Occupancy. A maximum of six people will be allowed in the space at any time.
• Reservations. Members must reserve a space in advance using our online reservation system.
• Vaccination. Full Covid vaccination is required. On your first visit, please show your vaccination record to our staff, or email an image to email@example.com.
• Masks. Masks will not be required in Studio Two, but are still required in the rest of the building.
General Open Studio Guidelines. When working in Studio Two, we ask that you share the space according to the wishes of those present. The default condition is quiet. Phone calls cannot be made when anyone else is present. Music can be played only with the consent of all, and anyone has the right to request quiet. Please put things back where they were found, and use the trash and recycle bins. We’re open to suggestions and feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not a member? Open Studio is a member benefit. You can join here for as little as $7/month.
Reserving Studio Two for Private Events
Covid-19 Note: We are currently not allowing any private events in Studio Two.
Studio Two can be reserved for members’ private events. Here are the general guidelines:
- The member making the request must be a Supporting or McCullers Society member.
- For small-group meetings such as critique groups, all group members must be Charlotte Lit members (any level). Due to limited availability, recurring meetings are not possible.
- Generally, no fee will be charged for one-time events such as book launches, and events held in partnership with Charlotte Lit. Rental fees will apply for most for-fee events.
- Charlotte Lit reserves the right to determine which requests fit Studio Two’s mission, space and time limitations.