Charlotte Lit’s Public Writing & Learning Space: Studio Two
Studio Two is Charlotte Lit’s primary writing, learning, and community space, located in room 208 of the Midwood International and Cultural Center. Here’s what you need to know to use it.
Daily: Open Studio for Members in Studio Two
About Open Studio. Studio Two is available to Charlotte Lit members as “Open Studio” when not in use for other Charlotte Lit or community events (please refer to our events calendar), during Midwood International & Cultural Center building hours, 7 am – 10 pm daily. The room is accessed by a passcode. (Members: you can obtain the current code by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a text with your name to 336-926-8833.)
Open Studio & Covid. Beginning August 1, 2020, Open Studio will again be open for use by Charlotte Lit members. Here’s what you need to know:
• The studio will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
• A maximum of two people will be allowed in the space at any time. (As of December 14, 2020, subject to change.)
• Upon arrival for every session, you will need to sign in and attest that you do not have any covid-like symptoms or been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for covid.
• Masks must be worn whenever more than one person is present. Social distance must be maintained at all times.
• Each person must clean their workspace before leaving. Cleaning supplies will be available.
• Members must reserve a space in advance using our online reservation system.
If space is generally available, there will be no hard limits on individual hours. We’ll monitor usage and make adjustments as needed.
Open Studio Guidelines. When working in Studio Two, we ask that you share the space according to the wishes of those present. The default condition is quiet. Phone calls cannot be made when anyone else is present. Music can be played only with the consent of all, and anyone has the right to request quiet. Please put things back where they were found, and use the trash and recycle bins. We’re open to suggestions and feedback at email@example.com.
Reserving Studio Two for Private Events
Covid-19 Note: We are currently not allowing any private events in Studio Two.
Studio Two can be reserved for members’ private events. Here are the general guidelines:
- The member making the request must be a Supporting or McCullers Society member.
- For small-group meetings such as critique groups, all group members must be Charlotte Lit members (any level). Due to limited availability, recurring meetings are not possible.
- Generally, no fee will be charged for one-time events such as book launches, and events held in partnership with Charlotte Lit. Rental fees will apply for most for-fee events.
- Charlotte Lit reserves the right to determine which requests fit Studio Two’s mission, space and time limitations.